¡You are already in MyAvianca!
Please note that the next web site you enter may have different accessibility policies than ours.
For you to have a better experience, we recommend using Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We cannot provide support if you navigate using Internet Explorer.
Try words like flights, offers, fares or destinations in the search field. Otherwise you can search in the menu. Site map
Contingency plan required by DOT regulation on flights operated to/from the United States
Issued in accordance with 14 C.F.R. § 259.5 (August 2011)
The airlines conform Avianca Holdings S.A (hereinafter Avianca Holdings S.A) aim to win the loyalty of our customers, working with professionalism, talent and enthusiasm, to share exceptional travel experiences with them. To achieve this objective, we have multiple tools at our disposal, including: standardized processes, infrastructure, technology, institutional policies, guidelines, and others.
Nevertheless, it is clear that loyalty in any business relationship is based on continued goodwill from our customers, our fulfillment of promises and, above all, our sense of obligation to carry out the task that has been assigned to us. In this Customer Service Plan, which applies to Avianca's scheduled flights to and from the United States, we present aspects of our policies and guidelines that we have designed in order to offer a comfortable flight experience.
1. Delays, cancellations and diversions
At Avianca, we continually work to supply accurate information to our customers on flight irregularities that may impact their travel. We will provide notification to passengers of known delays, cancellations or diversions as required by 14 C.F.R. § 259.8.
2. Baggage delivery
At Avianca, we utilize a team a highly trained professionals and internal processes and procedures, focused on ensuring that our passengers and their belongings depart and arrive on time. We strive to deliver your baggage promptly after your flight arrives at the gate. Nevertheless, circumstances occasionally are presented that delay the delivery of baggage. In order to address customer inconvenience in such circumstances, for covered flights, our customer service personnel at each airport will undertake every reasonable effort to ensure that your bag is located and delivered within 24 hours. In the event that your baggage is delayed, we will compensate you for reasonable expenses as required by applicable international agreements. In the event that your baggage is lost, we will compensate you for the loss as required by international agreements and will reimburse you for any fees charged to transport such baggage.
3. Guaranteed fares
At Avianca, we offer a range of fares, providing customers a choice according to their particular needs and requirements. When you book and ticket a reservation through Avianca's U.S. ticketing locations, Avianca's U.S. telephone reservations line or Avianca's U.S. web site, Avianca.com, we will allow you to cancel the ticketed reservation without penalty and receive a full refund provided that you cancel the reservation within 24 hours of purchase and the reservation is made one week or more prior to the scheduled flight departure date.
Avianca Holdings S.A will provide prompt refunds, as required by the U.S. DOT, where due, for eligible tickets once we receive your request accompanied by any required documentation. Once refunds are authorized we will process payment as required by Aviation Consumer Protection standards including the purchase price, less any applicable service fees, to the original form of payment
You may seek a refund through our website www.avianca.com, filling out the refund request form and following the pages steps. Avianca Holdings S.A will refund fees charged to a passenger for optional services that the passenger was unable to use due to a flight cancellation or oversale situation.You can request a refund option will refund the fees charged to a passenger for optional services that the passenger could not use due to a flight cancellation or an overbooking situation.
5. Properly accommodating passengers with disabilities and other special needs
Avianca Holdings S.A will accommodate our customers who require additional assistance, including individuals with disabilities (as required by 14 C.F.R. part 382) and unaccompanied minors, with the attention, respect and care they deserve.
6. Meeting customers' essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays
Should a lengthy tarmac delay occur, and if safety and security considerations permit, we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that your essential needs are met during a lengthy tarmac delay, as required by 14 C.F.R. § 259.5. For additional information, please consult Avianca's Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays, which is available at Avianca.com.
7. Treating passengers fairly and consistently in the case of oversales
Avianca Holdings S.A will hand passengers who are involuntarily denied boarding in an oversales situation with fairness and consistency as required by 14 C.F.R. part 250 and as described in Avianca’s policies and procedures for determining boarding priority
8. Disclosing cancellation policies, frequent flyer rules and aircraft configuration
Our website Avianca.com and our reservations staff, can provide clear information about our policies and the aspects of our services that may be important to you. The above refers to providing clear information about:
9. Providing notification of changes to travel itineraries
We will do our best to contact you in advance, and in a timely manner, regarding a change to your itinerary.
10. Ensuring responsiveness to customer complaints
Customer feedback is the best source of information on ways to improve our services. Your comments allow us to design and implement permanent changes along the way to achieving our mission of winning your loyalty. We will respond to your written complaints as required by 14 C.F.R. § 259.7. For information about filing a complaint, please visit Avianca.com.
11. Providing services to mitigate inconveniences resulting from cancellations and misconnections
In order to reduce any inconvenience you experience during cancellations and misconnections, Avianca Holdings S.A will:
It is important to clarify that this Customer Service Plan does not form any part of those Conditions of Carriage, meaning that this document does not represent any contractual or legal rights for the customers besides the ones listed and ruled by Avianca's Conditions of Carriage.
Issued in accordance with 14 C.F.R. § 259.4 (June 2021)
The airlines conform Avianca Holdings S.A Holdings S.A (hereinafter Avianca Holdings S.A) have standardized its operating procedures to comply not only with applicable government aviation regulations but internal policies established by the airline. We strive to proactively monitor operational developments outside of our immediate control, such as delays attributed to air traffic control, airport congestion and weather conditions, and constantly work to minimize their impact upon our customers' travel itineraries. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our customers and, occasionally, extraordinary events can result in lengthy tarmac delays. We have developed this Plan to minimize customer inconvenience in such cases. This Plan covers Avianca's scheduled and public charter flights and applies at U.S. airports that Avianca Holdings S.A regularly serves as well as its regular U.S. diversion airports. The Plan includes the following assurances from Avianca Holdings S.A to its customers:
1. For all flights to which this Plan applies, Avianca Holdings S.A will not permit an aircraft to remain on the tarmac for more than four (4) hours before providing passengers with an opportunity to deplane, unless: (i) in the case of departure delays at U.S. airports, the flight begins to return to a suitable disembarkation point within four hours after the main aircraft door used for boarding has closed; (ii) the pilot-in-command determines there is a safety-related or security-related reason why the aircraft cannot leave its position on the tarmac to deplane passengers; or (iii) air traffic control advises the pilot-in-command that returning to the gate or another disembarkation point elsewhere in order to deplane passengers would significantly disrupt airport operations.
2. For all flights to which this Plan applies, if the aircraft remains on the tarmac, Avianca Holdings S.A will work to meet the essential needs of passengers aboard the aircraft by providing adequate food and potable water no later than two (2) hours after the start of the tarmac delay, unless the pilot-in-command determines that safety or security considerations preclude such service.
3. For all flights to which this Plan applies, if the aircraft remains on the tarmac, Avianca Holdings S.A will provide operable lavatory facilities to its passengers as well as adequate medical attention, if needed.
4. For all flights to which this Plan applies, if the aircraft remains on the tarmac, Avianca Holdings S.A will provide an announcement as to the status of the delay when the tarmac delay exceeds 30 minutes, and will provide subsequent status updates as Avianca Holdings S.A deems appropriate.
5. For all departing flights and diversions, each time the opportunity to deplane exists at a suitable disembarkation point, Avianca Holdings S.A will timely notify the passengers on board the aircraft that the passengers have the opportunity to deplane.
6. Avianca Holdings S.A has sufficient resources to implement this Plan.
7. Avianca Holdings S.A has coordinated this Plan with airport authorities, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and the Transportation Security Administration at each U.S. airport covered by this plan, including regular U.S. diversion airports.